Safety First! Enjoying scented wax products is wonderful. But you must always think of safety first when you use them. This information will help you get the most out of all your products from Brown Sugar Babe.
- Remove all packaging before lighting a candle or using wax brittle.
- Place candles on a protected, heat-resistant surface away from anything that can catch fire, drafts/windows and out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/4 of an inch at all times. (It’s best to trim wicks every 4 hours)
- If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s) once the wax has cooled and remove trimmings before relighting.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and/or other debris. Do not put any foreign objects in the wax. Keep the wick centered.
- Never ever ever ever ever leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- Keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2" of wax remains at the bottom of the jar. Burning past this point can cause damage to the candle container and become a serious fire hazard. Only burn in a suitable holder, or on a plate or other fire- and heat-resistant surface.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- Never burn a candle longer than 4 hours.